View Single Post
Old
06-08-2012, 12:54 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
You just described most second lines in hockey; you win and lose by your first and live with the second. Ribeiro centering a second line is a pretty damn good situation as far as that goes. Benn is the best forward on the team and he should play with the second best. Force feeding Ribs offensive zone starts and adding Loui spreads around duties more in line with what I would hope to see.

*I do think I either want to see the Stars trade Ribs sometime this season or extend him and add players around Benn and him. The pecking order just needs to be defined a little more clearly IMO.
That's one thing I don't understand and something I've been guilty of myself. Obviously, we could use center prospects still, but it's not like Ribeiro is retiring after this year. I think he'd be very likely to re-sign here for no more than what he's paid now, and his style of play doesn't exactly wear on you. Ryder is the same, it's not like he's done after this season. Obviously, if we can trade him for good younger pieces, we should do it, but I don't really get the whole "him being done in Dallas" thing.