06-08-2012, 01:32 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
This thread needs more Herby.
Why the need to call me out?

He was woefully miscast for 3 seasons as a 2nd line center which was unfair to him, but he didn't exactly play well either. He was awful this season in every role he played, terrible as a 3rd line center, terrible as a 2nd line center again when Richards was out and terrible as a 2nd line winger.

I have already said his play in the playoffs has been extraordinary, especially based on how awful he has been his entire time here.

I have already said I am a bit torn on what to do with both him and Penner, I feel like you should reward and try and keep the team together (should they win the cup), but at the same time you can't fall in love with guys based on a hot playoff run, you have to take in the entire body of work, and Penner and especially Stoll's entire body of work doesn't warrant each signing contracts similar to what they have now.

If Penner and Stoll are willing to accept one year deals and prove they are committed to playing well and putting in an effort for a full season then we can talk long term contract, at the same time, if someone is willing to throw money at them based on what they have done in these past 18 games then more power to them. The Kings have their best player and their captain to sign in the next couple of years, and with an uncertain CBA and cap it's hard to commit so much money to guys who did nothing most of te year.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote