Old
06-08-2012, 03:16 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post
And to say Staal just isnt that good would be like saying Hanzal is a border line NHL player who only scored 8 goals this year. Staal is good player and would have a huge impact on this team. The contract issue is a serious concern but I dont see any other reason.
I don't think Staal is worth Yandle straight up and the mixed bag of crap we'd get as a throw in isn't enough to add it up because we'd still be bringing back the lesser player.

Yandle was too good in 2010-2011 and still pretty elite in 11-12 to be dumping him for a center who isn't a top 30 center in the game.

The Richards/Carter/Kovalchuk deals were bringing the better player back to the team in the totality of the deal. That is the kind of deal you make when looking to win and aren't similar at all to this deal. I'd rather trade Yandle + for a center better than Staal, and if one isn't available keep Yandle. Though I'd probably keep Yandle anyway because I agree with Pho that the Coyotes really are not stacked on the back end yet.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote