Thread: Confirmed with Link: Stars sign G Christopher Nihlstorp
View Single Post
Old
06-08-2012, 06:21 AM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Don't players who play major junior need to be either in the NHL or go back to major junior before they turn 20? I read something about this that used Oleksiak as an example because he initially played for Northeastern and had an advantage because he could leave for the AHL while others can't, but I don't remember exactly what the point of the article was. People who actually know something about major junior, feel free to jump in.
Glovesave is correct. That only applies to players drafted out of a Canadian junior league. That means they were playing in the league when they were drafted. For example ... if you draft Olli Maatta this year, he can't play in the AHL for 2 years. If you draft Zemgus Girgensons, he can play in the AHL immediately.

As far as Campbell being behind schedule because he didn't play in the AHL this season ... I don't think that could be further from the truth.

I'm starting to hate Jack Campbell ... and it has nothing to do with the player. Every time his name comes up it's just constant *****ing and moaning.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote