View Single Post
Old
06-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Scurr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I do think someone will take him. The Pens are going to have to be patient though. Martin is more of a fallback option if/when teams miss out on UFA's. The down season last year will certainly scare off a few teams but I doubt he undid all the good things he's done in his career in that small amount of time and he didn't play badly all season. It was just a couple rough stretches. I fully believe from watching him that he's still a good player and can be a very good top 4 D in the right system. Just hasn't fit the Pens system as well as we hoped and we have guys like Despres and Morrow waiting in the wings. We couldn't trade him if we didn't have those type of prospects.

I think his value is just okay. I could see a future 2nd round pick or B-Level prospect being swapped for him.
What has changed since he was one of the most sought after free-agents a couple years ago? One bad season? IMO Penguins fans are being far too critical of Martin. He was +9 with 22 even strength points playing the toughest minutes on your defence. If that's an off year for him I think just about any team in the league would take him.

Scurr is offline   Reply With Quote