Old
04-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
I'd say yes and no. Yes as we have nobody else in the system that compares to Streit and brings the same qualities he does, and no because I think Coté has shown enough to at least assume he's legitimate competition for the 7th Dman spot.

I'm a big Coté fan. I like him just as I liked Beauchemin way back when, for a similar reason, which is attitude. Dedication, character, will to learn and work ethic are all attributes that seem top notch in both players.

I wonder if they'd keep both Streit and Coté in the lineup though. After this year I believe we can no longer send Coté to the minors without putting him on waivers first and Streit would likely just go back to Switzerland if he was demoted to the AHL.
I like Cote too, but I don't think he remotely compares to the current-day Streit. Cote is the kind of guy no other team in the league will even touch on waivers, because they don't really know him I guess, but I think we're safe just waiting on him as a #8 guy. Our defense actually is starting to sound strangely deep. I don't trust that. Well, upgrading with a FA signing still appeals to me, so I guess the guys at the bottom of our list can't actually be all that good. The thing about Cote is that I question his upside. Yes, I like him enough to think he could be a safe #6 (where most of the league will not even give him that). But I also can't really stretch my imagination to think that he'll ever be more than that.