View Single Post
06-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
vCash: 2970
Looks like breeding is the next step:

There will be no Triple Crown winner.

In a shocking development Friday morning, trainer Doug O'Neill announced on the Dan Patrick show that I'll Have Another, the 3-year-old colt going for the first Triple Crown sweep since 1978, has been scratched from Saturday's Belmont Stakes with a front leg injury.

"I'll Have Another is officially out of the Belmont," O'Neill said on the program. "I don't want to take a chance with it."

"I feel terrible about it," O'Neill said outside the detention barn late Friday morning. The colt suffered tendinitis in his left front leg earlier in the morning, an injury that could possibly end his racing career. A press conference is scheduled for 1 p.m.

I'll Have Another went to the track Friday morning for his finally workout at 5:30 to avoid the congestion caused by the new state mandated detention barn. On Wednesday, he spent a restful night in the new state-mandated detention barn, appearing no worse for wear Thursday morning.

"He's settled right in, like we thought he would," O'Neill said Thursday. "We had a really good day of training today. I thought he showed good energy and he cooled out really well. So we are very happy with where we are here two days out."

Read more:

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 06-08-2012 at 11:11 AM.