View Single Post
Old
06-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Outside of Hall and RNH being #1 overall picks and #1 overall talents, and Eberle, who was passed over by 21 teams in the 2008 draft (we got Bailey @ #9), they might also be disappointed by some of their prospects productivity. Magnus Pajaarvi-Svensson hasn't exactly lived up to his billing, neither has Hartikainen and Omark. Gagne hasn't exactly taken the world by storm, 17% of his 47points last year came in one game. No offense to Oiler's fans meant, but they are in a similar boat as us, sure they have 3 stud youngsters, and at this moment the Islanders only have 1. BUT, who knows what Strome, Nelson, Niederreiter, Kabanov, etc will bring us.
That right there was the point I was trying to drive home.

I will agree that we need another 2 or 3 years at least to see how everything works out for both teams. It's still too early to tell but I feel with their 3 studs to the isles 1, the Oilers are further along. However, Edmonton is going to have to trade/go the free agent route from the crease out because the blueline/goaltending situation does need to be addressed before they are able to take that next step.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote