View Single Post
Old
06-08-2012, 11:37 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
That seems backwards to me. It only works if there are almost no limits on the possibilities for who you can put on the roster, which is obviously not the case. The strongest limitations are going to be on roster moves (at least high impact ones) so the strategy is going to have to be formed at least in part based on what GMGM knows he can do building the roster.

Obviously the coach needs to have his freedom to make tactical adjustment from day to day (or shift to shift or whatever) but the coach can't dictate an overall strategy unless GMGM knows he can build the team to fit it. It's much easier to make things flow in the opposite direction.
How many player changes do we think he really has to make, though? In theory the system is based at least somewhat on the current roster, or at least it would be in my world. If we're already looking at a system that the majority of the roster fits into, then it's just incrementally improving the rest of the roster's fit, when better fits become available. I don't see a case where there'd be enough of any particular style of player available to build a system around who could be acquired.