View Single Post
Old
06-08-2012, 12:55 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I am going something real obvious here yet, I just feel like I have to say it. The quality of this draft WILL NOT be determined by our first pick in this first round. But the remainder of the next 3 picks. There is a possibility to have 3 VERY GOOD prospects here in the next 2 rounds. Good enough so that there's a very good chance that our 4 picks ends up being top 10 in our prospect pool rankings. Only Beaulieu, Tinordi, Gallagher, Bournival and Kristo might keep their position. Obviously, depending on who we will pick. But that will be what will determine our weekend. Whatever guy we pick, from Gally, to Grigo, to Forsberg, to Murray, we will get a great player. No matter what people say, each are qualified hockey player AND a need no matter how people try to turn this as far as Murray is concerned (looking at you WTK...). If Murray is picked, he ends up AUTOMATICALLY #1 in our entire prospect pool. He obvioulsy then becomes #1 in D's and when you look at it, he clearly becomes our most COMPLETE prospect d-man. People who will try to convince you that this is not a need are wrong. But then....do we have more PRESSING needs.....surely. This talented centerman we are looking for would be more welcome. Just saying that whoever is there will be a top of our pool. But then the reaa work begins and this is where Timmins needs to work his magic. An IMPORTANT draft to say the least. Just like next year if we keep all those picks around.
I agree 100%. We like to love our prospects, it's only normal. But in reality, the Habs are near the bottom in organisational rankings. There are needs everywhere. And while Tinordi and Beaulieu are very good prospects, they have their specific roles. Murray is an every situation kind of player, which the team does need.

I'll only be disappointed if they make a huge reach, like Rielly or Reinhart. I can't really live with those options at 3rd overall. If they trade down, fine.