View Single Post
Old
06-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
26th in the league in turnovers. That really isn't that much for as many minutes as he plays, and as much as he handles the puck. Check out the guys ahead of him. If you carry the puck, you WILL turn it over. That's just the way it is.

Even if Carle goes, whoever takes over his role (assuming it isn't split among several), will more than likely end up with similar turnover numbers.
Every turnover isn't created equal though. Some are in the neutral or offensive zone, and some are forced. Carle seems to have a lot of unforced, or weakly forced, turnovers in the D zone because of his poor decision making.

I know guys that carry the puck turn it over more because they have it more. I don't see a rate stat for it on NHL.com. I could probably calculated it, but I gotta get back to work.

Maybe it's because we see Carle more often, but I just see him make ill advised plays regularly. I'm also not blaming him for the NJ series. I'm saying in that situation you want to see someone like him step up, and get the puck out because he's supposed to be our best player at doing that besides Timonen. Instead he was one of the worst offenders...dominoes commercial? sorry ADD.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote