View Single Post
Old
06-08-2012, 02:33 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
No I don't expect you to say your 'source' is Bob Smith and he is the assistant to the assistant GM but I would expect some vagaries to establish some semblance of credibility.

Do you have some examples of what your 'source' told you, you posted here, and it came true at a later date I can check on?

I mean you do understand that most time people around here claim an inside source they are lying right?
I knew Varly wanted to leave (at the time I was told back to Russia) the night of his last game as a Cap. That wasn't from team sources though....friend of my wife's is good friends with who used to be Varly's GF here in DC. She's now back in Russia dating some KHL player from what I last heard.

Doesn't matter honestly and that's why I rarely give too many specifics on what I hear, certainly nothing OUTLANDISH as defined by the site rules. If I can pass along nuggets to the good posters who have been contributors here for years like me, I will as long as I can do it safely. I personally don't care about any validation. Take what I said as you will, but I don't have any motivation nor do I even more than once in a blue moon even make note that I've heard something "insider'ish". Most of the time the info (if seen by my people who are members here too, YES, Caps employees do frequent these boards) would probably out me as the loose lips, so I keep it myself.