Thread: Speculation: Ryan Suter
View Single Post
Old
06-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Preds311

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I think the Parise/Suter friendship thing is blown way out of proportion. They played on team USA but don't hang out in the offseason so the BFF thing that is going around is a joke.

Once again, the fact that Suter is still talking to Poile is promising. I think he hits the market and sees what's out there and then re-ups with us. It's going to be very much like the Kovy situation last summer. He'll entertain offers and see that the grass isn't as green as he thought it would be. It would be great if he would decide before July 1 but from the looks of it, the only ones that are tied directly into his decision aren't part of our future (Rads/AK) and as far as Gill, Bouillion and Gaustad go, big deal, it's not as if we don't re-sign Suter we go sweet, we still have Gill, Bouillion or Hillen for that matter.
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Parise and Suter grow up in the USA hockey school in Michigan? That is basically where they live, go to school, etc during their high school years to train and develop.