View Single Post
Old
06-08-2012, 03:48 PM
VanSciver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
No, not really. People have been saying the exact same things about Carle for years. Soft defense, makes irresponsible decisions, can't hack it on a first line, bad PP QB, no shot, won't clear the crease, won't take the body along the boards/let's guys just skate by, etc.

People have had to continuously find different ways to present these criticisms to you because you utterly refuse to accept them. The core message has remained the same.

Also, I would never call Carle "very good." Timonen is very good. Carle is adequate; I don't believe this team overpay precious cap dollars for adequacy.
Your right, people have been saying the exact same things about Carle for years. But then you have to look at which people are saying what your saying. NHL analysts? NHL GM"s? NHL bloggers who cover the sport? As always, same old same old. Show me one credible source that cover the Flyers, that says the same thing that the "people" say about Carle? Why would I as a fan, accept unfounded criticisms of a player? You have to find different ways because the other ways have been proven inaccurate. Just as it will now. Do you want to do that all over again? I'm game if you are. We can look at all the factual information available for Carle all over again.

And yes, Carle is a very good player. That is clear. That's why the Flyers used him as they have. And why they want to re-sign him.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote