View Single Post
Old
06-08-2012, 05:50 PM
A Pointed Stick
Can You Believe It?

vCash: 250
Interesting comments from Snow. It looks like they finally softened on Rick, so good there though the proof is in the pudding. His comments on toughness are sad. I can deal with him saying Gillies and Haley aren't an answer, but saying we don't need any help in that area is alcoholic's denial though we all know who is making that decision, rhymes with DANG!

The suggestion that he will trade for a top 4 defenseman is an interesting hand grenade to toss into the meeting though. Was it even a month ago he said there was no way any meaningful trades would be made and the guys had to find it in themselves to provide an answer? What the fig changed in 30 days?

Who here thinks this means Tavares raised his voice and asked them to fix the problem? That is the only possible answer besides the absurd concept that Garth AND Chuck both accepted the decision was a mistake and that the club needs some help on that shoothole of a blueline.

But again, words are cheap and he was talking to customers. I would not be surprised to find out he was blowing smoke up everyone's ass when he announces in September that the trade just wasn't there. Seeing is believing, and as he and Chuck have blatantly lied to us in the past I reserve judgement until said trade happens.

I hope for the best, but expect nothing. All of you should too, imo.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote