Thread: Confirmed with Link: Farewell Zuke! (Signs with KHL)
View Single Post
Old
06-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Sir...

You know what zuke is?

A TEAM PLAYER..

First goal he scored,what did he do? Turn to his team mates to cheer with them..

His last shift as a Ranger..,what did he do after breaking his arm while blocking a shot, you know..FOR THE TEAM..he finished his play and got the puck out of the way with his one good arm..

He was more of a team player than several current players..

I'll catch heat for this statement, but he was better than Hagelin both on the backcheck and on D!!

Hags cost us game 6 vs Devs with his usual lazy out of place defense play. And don't get me started on Hags last 20-25 games incl the play off's where he simply skated along trying not to get noticed..

I'm not saying zuke is the be all end all type of guy but he should've been given a better chance..

As for his khl future, if he can be on the AHL all star team, then he could make waves in khl too.
Zuccarello should definitely be given another shot, especially if we don't add Radulov.

Want a guy who can create scoring chances with his skill? Zuccarello is that. He probably doesn't want to sign a two-way deal because he thinks he won't sniff a chance again even when he deserves it.

I'd give him a one-way deal, which means if we don't keep him on the opening night roster, he'd have to pass through waivers and he'd definitely get claimed and get a shot with another team. Or we could just trade his rights to a team that will give him a chance. We only have four picks this draft so if we're not going to use him, we should at least try to trade him for a 3rd or 4th round pick.