Thread: Kings Article: The Consequences of Caring
View Single Post
Old
06-08-2012, 09:50 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

vCash: 500
My parents got hooked on the Kings during the Playoff run. They have never been sports people and never wanted to fall in love with them because it's too much stress, but it finally happened this year. When I called my Mom after Game 3 she had literally lost her voice. They tape all the games so they can rewatch them again in the morning and they are the biggest homers. They get mad because all the local station favor the Devils and I keep trying to tell them it's to be expected because you live in the Tri-state area, lol. They also get mad at the NBC announces when they give the Devils too much praise.

So part of me identifies with the writer of that article. I feel bad getting them wrapped up in the Kings because they are not good at dealing with the stress. But it's also nice that they get genuine happiness when the Kings win. I just keep telling them they have no idea what's it has been like to truly care about the Kings all these years. If losing 3 games stresses you out, let me tell you...I have seen some ****.

DocWest is online now   Reply With Quote