View Single Post
Old
06-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Shepard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Yandle was left off the potential list of players by Burke and his cronies that picked the US team. Regardless on how Yandle improved that season because they left him off the summer list there was no chance he could have ever been selected.
This. It seemed like the consensus before the Olympics was Yandle should have been on the team, but it just wasn't possible at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Not overly related, but I think retaining Yandle would help send a message. Once you commit to the franchise it will take care of you. Especially in the case of OEL and Boedker. Guys who fit in and work well in the system. Because once this team has some money to spend they'll need to be an attractive destination. Who wouldn't want to come in as a top FA center with a great goalie and defense backing you up?
I agree with this. I don't like the message trading a young player who has committed to our franchise and is popular in the room would send.

Plus, unless Gormley and/or Rundblad can step in and have a big season, our defense really doesn't look that great if Yandle is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
Again...

Each team has to have at least one representative. The team/players often decide who to send from each team - what I meant by popularity.
If I'm remembering correctly, two years ago the Islanders and I think another team didn't have another player go to the All Star game.

Then the Red Wings just decided on their own to sit out.

Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote