Thread: Confirmed with Link: Farewell Zuke! (Signs with KHL)
View Single Post
Old
06-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
OT winner against carolina, or at least i'm pretty sure it was an ot winner where he roofed a backhander over cam ward.

I really don't think he sucked, just didn't add as much as we had hoped for. I thought he was very good on the PP, moves the puck very well. It's just tough in a smaller size rink and he isn't a big guy. The NHL is a more physical league. SEL is a great league but it is nowhere near as tough as the nhl.
i felt he needed to get stronger and better defensively/away from the puck...and his last call up before his injury, he proved to me at least he HAD made those improvements! That's why I really thought he'd be back next season, and most likely get/win a roster spot...but good luck to him

...I will say this and don't laugh, but I can somewhat connect with him, in high school i made JV my freshman yr, sophmore year i thought i was sure to make varsity and a lot of other parents thought the same (was on JV again), then junior year same story, senior year I hung it up being discouraged enough I focused my energies on other extra curriculars, which helped me to get to/through college and make me the person I am, so in a way it worked, but who knows what would have happened if I gave it one more year, i did lace the skates back up my freshman year of college and play mens league until I got out of college (even tried out for the UMaine Black Bears team my senior year)...anyhoo all I am trying to say is I can relate somewhat to zucc, this guy gets continued praise and support from everyone except the head coach of the big team and you reach a breaking point, I would have hoped he gave it one my shot, but I understand