View Single Post
Old
06-09-2012, 12:14 PM
nhlfan9191

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Are you a pro athlete, who has almost no body fat? It's a little different. Huby is 19 now. I know that young men can hit a big growth spurt at any time, but aside from that, what can we realistically expect, is what I was saying. I was saying that he has put on 15 lbs. in 2.5 seasons. Which is not great compared to many other junior players between the ages of 16-19. It could change this summer, but all I was saying was that the evidence so far isn't that encouraging and he spent last summer with pro trainers too without much results. I'm pointing out the facts, not how much I wish he weighed.
All I'm saying is gaining and losing weight when your his age is usually a simple fix. It'll come eventually. If not, it's not the end of the world because of the position and role he plays. Obviously, you don't want him to get destroyed out there like Nugent-Hopkins but he could still be very effective even if he is small next season. But like I said, not concerned at all about him bumping his weight up 15-20 pounds. I prefer him coming to camp a little smaller instead of 20 pounds overweight like Cam Ward did after he won the Stanley Cup.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote