View Single Post
Old
06-09-2012, 02:09 PM
BUX7PHX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Polarizing to you and to these random people you sit next too but I don't understand how that matters, at all.

Let's say Yandle doesn't disappoint next year and your Staal does, then what? You keep throwing out these complete negative hypotheticals while ignoring that the opposite outcome is just as likely, if not more so.

I still say Yandle stole your girl or something, seems like the most plausible explanation here.
I thought I pretty clearly explained polarizing. Let's say half the teams in the NHL like Yandle and half don't. A good season increases those teams that like him and decreases our chances of trading him. If he has a bad season, fewer teams would like him, making him a harder candidate to trade. Especially bc we are locked into a longer term deal (albeit at a reasonable price).

If Staal has a bad year next year, does that change the teams need for a forward? If Yandle wins the Norris next year, does that change that we have players like OEL and Gormley, who are very strong players with a great future ahead?

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote