Thread: LH Defenseman
View Single Post
Old
06-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Harley83

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
This totally undercuts your point about Garrison being a passive player who can't fill Jackman's role. Garrison also blocks lots of shots. He is bigger than Jackman, more physical than Jackman, is every bit as good if not more strong a positional defenseman as Jackman, and has night and day superior offensive capacity over Jackman. It is a major upgrade.
I didn't say he couldn't body check I said he wasn't confrontational which is something the Blues seriously lack. He has had ONE scrap at the pro-level and he does steer away from confrontation often. He isn't going to be the kind to stick up for a teammate like Jackman does, protect his goalie with dirty back shots, hand out a face wash or get mouthy with an opponent. That's why I used the word confrontational instead of physical.

Larger teams aren't going to take the Blues back end serious if they don't engage in scrums in front of the crease. Size isn't everything with intimidation and agitating. Hal Gill is huge and physical but most would agree the smaller Derek Dorsett is more intimidating and confrontational.

Harley83 is offline   Reply With Quote