View Single Post
Old
11-26-2003, 07:41 PM
Allan

vCash: 500
Who is this Jay Pearson guy? Has he watched many games this year?

"34 Fernando Pisani Right Wing F, 3 goals and 9 points, +7... Has been in-vis-ib-le. Just a mess on the ice. There is not one solid area in his game."

He's played on a poor defensive team, and has a +7 in 21 games, and he has scored 9 points in that time, despite the fact that the bulk of his ice time is against other teams top lines, and killing penalties. This guy will never be an all-star, but he is a very good checking winger.

"32 Scott Ferguson Defence F, 2 assists, +4... Can you spell slow? F-E-R-G-U-S-O-N. Old is also spelled F-E-R-G-U-S-O-N. Ineffiective. He's a liability in his own end and leaves the offensive zone too early."

He's had his problems, but he's not that bad. And he's only 30. Off the top of my head, I can think of three older guys on this team (Oates qualifies as a spelling of old, however), and it's one of the youngest in the league. The average age is close to 28. That cheap shot ruined any credibility the article had.

A lot of quibbling disagreements as well, but I think those are just interpretation things. These two were just so bizarre I had to wonder if the writer had watched more than one or two games this year, and had done any research.