View Single Post
Old
06-09-2012, 11:29 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Hawks Offseason WOAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule4eva3089 View Post
On the back end we have Keith, Weber, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Bouwmeester, Letang. For the remaining dmen who do you guys think is a better option. A freewheeling dman who can bring offense to the attack ala Subban, Boyle. Or since there isn't an abundance of left handed shots a depth guy who would play against the bottom lines each game and perhaps a player who can tee up a one timer on the pp ala Phaneuf. There's still the development of Ryan Murray which could play into the equation, but there's a pool of about 5-7 guys who are in the running for those 2 or 3 spots. It also depends on whether the management decides to take 7 dmen or 8. We have a history of only taking 7, but the problem this time around will be most of those will right handed shots and a good team can expose that so might have to take an extra lefty, who knows.
...and Seabrook. I think Seabrook is quite likely to make the team - and probably before Pietrangelo, Bouwmeester, or Letang...and he's currently playing better than Keith.

The other person who cannot be forgotten (although I wish he was) is Dion Phaneuf. I will never voluntarily add him to my own list...but you never know.

Re: Murray...I agree he isn't someone who should be written off right now. If he made the team, he would make it with the same level of experience that Doughty had when he made it. The one rub is I'm not convinced at Murray has Doughty's level of eliteness at the same point...but time will tell.

I have to say, I'm worried about our chances...and the degree to which the US has spread skill out at all levels. I am worried about some hellish scenario where we score 20 goals a game but let in 21.