View Single Post
Old
06-09-2012, 11:48 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC704 View Post
Ranger fan here, I am mostly a reader and rarely ever post, but I came here to say I would gladly add something to pursue a MDZ/JVR swap. I think it works extremely well for both teams. MDZ would make less $ on his 2nd contract (most likely in the 3-3.5 range, could be more/less). This allows you guys to replace Carle (whom I see Flyers fans aren't that fond of to begin with). The Rangers need a scoring W and JVR can provide us that on a very good deal. That deal being the reason why I would add from a NYR perspective. I don't know if JVR will ever reach his true potential, but I think he's still got a good amount of it left to tap into. If it meant adding something else I would.

In terms of prospects the Rangers have a guy Christian Thomas, former 50 goal scorer in the OHL and scored 30+ this past season. He may be redundant to Read, but with the talent PHI has at C, he could end up being in the mold of a guy like Briere where he is able to get 20 consistently. I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'd be willing to part with this year's 1st rounder to add to Del zotto, so long as something was coming back, maybe even say a 3rd round pick?

To NYR:
JVR
PHI 2012 3rd Rounder

for

To PHI:
MDZ
NYR 2012 1st Rounder/)Christian Thomas or another prospect + a mid round pick)

I'll admit, I'm not as high as Del Zotto on some, but I think he's a great puck mover and good physically for what he brings. Ideally, he's perfect where he is now, as a second pairing guy. Also if Philly goes after Suter, realistically their D next season could be:

Suter/Timmo
MDZ/Coburn or Grossman
Coburn or Grossman/Mesz

As a Ranger fan I know JVR has more value, but I think something like this could help both teams a lot. Please be free to answer, I'm here to debate. I know something like this would never happen ever. lol
How about JVR + Wellwood/Cousins for MDZ + Erixon?

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote