View Single Post
Old
06-10-2012, 08:40 AM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
I'm not in the Nash camp in the least, but I don't know where this notion arose that we can trade for stars by giving away our trash.

Ok, scratch that. Not every trade is going to look like the Gomez trade.

We aren't going to comb through our roster and pick out the pieces that aren't playing well, package them up, and trade for Nash. If you want Nash, get ready for the Mike Richards trade. If you want Nash, Dubinsky is going but one of our coveted youths are going too. Stepan, Miller, MDZ, Erixon... they'll be names in play (not all would get moved). If we had Prust signed, he'd probably be a guy in discussion.

LA absolutely coveted Simmonds and Schenn. Go look at the trade proposal threads over the past few years. LA fans stood firm on those two, even for Kovalchuk. And to an extent the fans were right because Lombardi missed out on a bunch of trades because of the refusal to part with them. But that's what it cost to get over the hump.

I'd don't think we need another star player to win. I think we need two 25-30 goal wingers. We need another reliable defenseman to eat minutes. If Dubinsky can be that winger, we only need one more. I lack faith in him, Anisimov also. I'd move both of them to bring in some of those 3 pieces we need to go for a cup again.

Last edited by DutchShamrock: 06-10-2012 at 08:47 AM.