View Single Post
Old
06-10-2012, 10:58 AM
deeshamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Kopitar has 0 shots in the last 2 Cup winning games. That's not getting it done. He's supposed to be a Conn Smythe runner up? Don't see it and if he is sick, stop having him talk to the media. Same with Brown. If he is hurt, keep him away from the media crap.
While we won't know until the playoffs are done, it's unlikey (per the reporters covering the games) that injuries are involved for Kopi or Brown. Esp. regarding Brown, who , as they pointed out, has been to every optional skate, does the ppost practice, pregame and post game interviews a nd is not in the treatment room nor sporting an ice bag. They theorized that regarding those two, it's that DeBoer (as he's done in the prior series) has his guys taking away their time and space and limiting them. NJ is a good team, this is not new to them, he's had them doing it most of the year.

As far as injuries, something I heard on TSN podcast from their archives from NHL reporters calling in to the show twice (post Vancover a nd during the Coyotes series) and a NY reporter after game 2 in NJ had observations on that. The first two (TSN) were about Richards (and an injury sustained during game 2 in Vancouver tied ito a crushing hit into the boards at an awkward angle) the NY reporter said that two key members of the Kings weren't avaiable for post game remarks because they were in the treatment room again.
But again, until this wraps up one way or another, we won't know for sure and it's only observations on their part.
By time time of year, given how physical these games are, there are plenty of guys on both sides hurt, just a ,matter of how bad, where and what it limites regarding skating and shooting.

Quote:
Kings still have a huge chance to win the Stanley Cup at home with one win. The Kings can only blame themselves if they fail to close a 3-0 series lead.
Totally agree. Broduer is a great goalie, he's done this before and you need more than 24 shots (or whatever they had) on him. It didn't help the Kings luck that 4 more hit the post last night.
I'm glad Gagne got moved up, at this stage, he's the least banged up and has top skill, with linemates of equal skill, he's got a better chance to pot one. hope he gets rotated on the 1st or 2nd line during game 6 as well. Would have preferred him on the PP 2nd unti rather than King...he's more skilled.

Quote:
Would Richards and Carter be the first NHL players to both win and lose with a 3-0 series lead?
It would be Richards and Gagne (not Carter) and I think they would. I don't know of anyone whose done both.

Last edited by deeshamrock: 06-10-2012 at 11:06 AM.