Old
06-10-2012, 01:03 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
The first part looks to be fact.

The second part looks to be his own speculation.

They're not trading Stepan. Not a snowball's chance in hell do they trade a 21 year old center that put up 51 points. Who has undeniable chemistry with Kreider. Who is a solid on the PK. And is one of the few creative players with the puck.

Not happening.

Anisimov, on the other hand, I'm not as convinced is long for the Rangers.

I swear some just don't pay attention to what the guys running this club say.

Gorton, Tortorella, Sather, Messier are all extremely high on Stepan. And depth down the middle is not that strong right now, but they're going to turn around and trade Stepan?

Not happening.

If they sign Schultz, Del Zotto MAY become available. Erixon MAY become available.

While they had enough interest in Nash, they weren't willing to trade these guys away in the middle of a Stanley Cup run. Yet, they'd be willing to deal them now? No. Forget what the RUMORS were, the fact is it didn't happen.
Great post and I agree with just about everything said here. Center is a concern. I am sure they would love to score eitherJStall or Getzlaf.

Stepan is still young. He does need to be a better playoff player though. Given his pedigree, I never expected this would be a problem.

Anisimov, on the other hand, may not have a defined role on this team. He died in the playoffs last year too. I think his percieved value to other teams may be greater than his value to the Rangers right now. This may be the summer to move him.

Unless, of course, Radulov is coming.