View Single Post
Old
06-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
This is the best argument I've heard so far. Not totally sure I buy it but if we traded a 7th rounder for say 500-750k in cap savings, then it isn't a bad move. However, I have a feeling that Stuart will be a jerk and want too much money... which DW will gladly give him.

For those saying he is a upgrade over Murray. I say if you throw out an injured Murray last season, you are wrong. Murray has been very solid in the post-season every year up until then. That is not the case with Stuart.
I wouldn't say that Stuart is an upgrade over Murray. I would say though that if you find an opportunity to make a lateral movement like Murray to Stuart and then move Murray for a 2nd rounder, it's something the Sharks have to do. They don't get many opportunities to add assets for next to nothing like this without losing somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
Stuey is a very good shot blocker and penalty killer. He also is well above average defending the rush and can chip in on the offensive side. He will be on SJ second pairing for sure.
I was speaking about Andrew Murray in that post.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote