View Single Post
Old
11-26-2003, 11:26 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Do you think Jessiman is that type of player, one that can step into the AHL after 2 years of college hockey?

His size alone gives him an edge over most 20 year olds I would think, does he have whatever else it takes?
it's really hard to say, i mean if he absolutely dominates this year {the game against princeton shows what he can do} then it is entirely possible. In his case, from what i've seen thus far, i think he needs at least the three years of college. that could of course change later in the season but right now that's what i'll say.

he has the size, descent speed for a big man and he uses his size, he isn't a goon but he knows he is strong.

i still wanna see the mental game pickup a little. i mean college is obviously slower than the nhl and his skills allow him to cover mistakes in that area. i'm not saying its a weak point necessarily but it does need work. the kid can score at the college level, that much is obvious, but i personally wanna see him get stronger in other areas.

and as a standard rule he needs to work off the baby fat. he isnt out of shape, but there is room for growth and improvement.

I mean he is a big kid and if all the pieces fall together, he has a good enough mentality to possibly become a big time player. He's already in the 6'5, 220 range.

What he needs to be is "on" all the time. especially in faster paced games, he gets lost a little {as what happened at the team usa evaluation camp and the rooke camp} so that's a major area he needs to work on, but people need to understand that he is a big, raw kid and IF he is going to make it, it's going to take a bit of time. I dont think this is a kid who is gonna make the jump to the nhl at 20 or 21, he might be a kid you project to compete at 22/23.

Out of the first three round picks this team has, i'd say he has the most upside, however i could easily see Baranka or Roche making a pro level impact before him.