View Single Post
Old
06-10-2012, 05:41 PM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
I'm not sure what you're arguing about, or why. Martin is the same guy who took the team to the playoffs his two previous seasons, whose record was 13-12-7 (tied for 7th with three other teams, with two more games) when he was fired. Your "3 wins out of 10 games" statistic is skewed by your bias, since the actual record is 3-3-4, which is 10 points in 10 games. The previous 14 games they were 9-4-1 -- so what? Cherrypicking a few games proves nothing.

Martin is no miracle worker. He was just a good coach who got the most out of our roster and had them in the playoffs for two years, and knocking on the door in the third year.
Picking the final 10 games is cherrypicking? Also, the Habs were not tied for 7th when Martin was fired. They were 12th and were at .500 Ottawa had the 8th spot. Habs were behind Washington, Winnipeg and Toronto.

Martin is an adequate coach. He really was nothing special though...but if you think getting grossly outshot every game, relying on a out of this world performance from your goalie and playing rope a dope hockey is "good" then I guess I can see where you're coming from. Not to mention the clown employed a chip and chase strategy with small, soft players.

He was not the right coach for this squad, period. The same guy who put Darche on the PP ahead of Cole. Keep defending this clown, you look just as silly as the Gauthier fanboys.

Pretty sure Cunney had the Habs 4 points out later in the season...I guess I'll call that "knocking on the door" too, then.

You'd think the team wasn't absolutely obliterated in the Philly series. The minute Halak became normal, the Habs got destroyed. Coincidence? I don't think so.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote