View Single Post
Old
06-10-2012, 09:10 PM
OKHoosier41218

vCash: 500
I sat just outside of turn 4 last night. That one was easily one of the best races I've seen live since I started going to races in 2000. I've probably seen close to 20 (in various series) at this point. This race was exactly what I like to see out of oval races. Not the side-by-side for lap after lap stuff that Texas was known for. From my viewpoint, I thought there were about 60K in attendance. I'm hoping this one stays on the schedule for a long time.

My observations:

Have I mentioned how much I love this new car? Asides from the Detroit race last weekend, I think this is one of my favorite seasons in recent memory. I really liked seeing how the race was put into the hands of the drivers. I saw passes throughout the field.

Texas Motor Speedway is an awesome facility.

Even though Dixon looked as if he had far and away the best car last night, I thought there were 4-5 other cars who had an equal chance for the win. I never had the feeling that he was going to run away with it, like he would've with the old car. I thought Rahal, Power, Wilson, Hinchcliffe, and Briscoe were all going to keep it interesting as the race wore on.

Power particularly impressed me until he got called for blocking. He worked his way back from 20th at one point.

I had a clear view of both Dixon and Kimball hitting the wall. Not sure what exactly happened with Kimball.

Wilson drove a superb race, and I thought his teammate, Jakes did too. I had a feeling he was going to be in the mix at the end. This was the first IndyCar race I've seen that a Penske or a Ganassi did not win. I'll always be happy seeing him win.

I am really liking what I saw out of Simon Pagenaud. I think he was even a lap down at one point last night.

They opened up the garage area about 30 minutes after the race was over. As my wife and I were walking through the garages, Graham Rahal and his girlfriend went right by us, unnoticed. Graham even took off his hat at one point. I think my wife and I were the only ones who recognized him.