View Single Post
Old
06-11-2012, 12:18 AM
SouthernJ
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
So true, A LOT of fans have already seemingly turned their backs on this team!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
If so, then fine. Less pressure on them.

But there will be 18,000+ at Staples tomorrow night who have not, and they will hear us.
I won't be a turned back fan. Even if they lose the Cup, I'm still really, really proud of them. Granted, I've been watching a little over 3 months, but I've also just discovered the sport 3 months ago so I'm getting all kinds of educated by watching every game of the playoffs. And watching the Kings work as a unit? Is rather inspiring because they seem to keep each other alive in the game. They're downhearted right now. Who can blame them? But they've worked their butts off to get this far. If they lose? I'll be disappointed but I won't lose the pride, either.

Majority of the player are at least 5 years younger than me. I can't imagine holding all this on my shoulders at that age. It's not the sport they're carrying...it's us, themselves, the organization, the media...so much pressure on such a young age. I have to respect the fact they're still out working their butts, even if they don't. I don't get angry AT them when they lose, or a goal doesn't go in. I get angry FOR them. I get angry when the pucks ding because I see what they're trying to do. They're not out there knitting between shots.