View Single Post
Old
06-11-2012, 01:20 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Everyone keeps throwing stats stats stats at me. I know what Rick Nash's freakin stats are. I'll also CONTINUE TO REITERATE THAT HE HAS NEVER HAD TALENT AROUND HIM. Less minutes don't necessarily mean a decrease in production when there is such a VAST INCREASE IN TALENT around him. Stick him on our PP and our 1st line and watch the scoreboard light up. Decrease in minutes = a fresher Rick Nash for playoffs.
So expectations for JVR are at the high end 50-60 points for 4.25m/year. Do you expect Nash to get more than 70 for 7.8m/year? Because those 10-20 extra points just cost you 3.5m/year. That's almost paying 2 JVR's for roughly the production of one.

Not to mention Nash is 28 and JVR just turned 23 I believe. Plus Nash is likely to cost you more than just JVR.

All things considered, unless Nash immediately turns into an 85-90+ point player in Philadelphia the trade is not worth it.

Odds on that? Slim to none, and even if he accomplishes it a year or two, he won't throughout his contract. JVR is a much better deal.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote