View Single Post
Old
06-11-2012, 02:00 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Seriously, I don't get how it's worse than any other social networking site.
You could argue that all of them are pointless if you don't like hearing about the details of the lives of regular people.
They are popular though because it's human nature to like attention, to want to feel important, and to vent.

It's also useful if you don't have any other social networking sites.
I've made a few friends after being on the Internet for almost 15 years, so it's useful for keeping up with them.
I don't have some of their numbers and some I just can't text since they are from other countries and are charged for international texts, so Twitter is a good way around that.
I've been found by some people I hadn't heard from in years and I've found others just because you start to remember the handles people use.

If you don't like it that's fine, but I don't understand the need to start stereotyping it by acting like everything tweeted is useless.
It reminds me of when people used to mock me for using the Internet when I was in like 5th grade.
Hilarious thing is that now none of them can live without it.
On Facebook, I "follow" my own personal friends. On twitter people follow random strangers and stalk celebrities. You can just "follow" anyone, most other social networking sites (the ones I've been on) require approval from the person.

I do use twitter twice a year, I follow Bob MacKenzie and Darren Dreger on trade deadline day and free agency day.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote