View Single Post
Old
06-11-2012, 02:15 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
I bet it is a goalie and defenceman coming to Philidelphia with Schnenn or Van Riemsdyk going to Vancouver, possibly with a Dman.
From the sounds of it, the front office seems very confident in Bryz being better next season. Felt like he had the first season jitters in a big hockey market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Not at all. The only reason why those guys are mentioned, besides Schenn, is because they are currently on the periphery looking in.

Bobrovsky has been too inconsistent, I think, to handle being thrown into the situation in Columbus. That'd wreck him just like it did Mason.

There's too many names. Read is nice but Columbus has too many smallish wingers as is. Condense it into ~4 players whose quality equals the package proposed.
I agree that seemed kind of like dumping our movable players off on CLB. Bob wants to start, and probably needs to to stay consistent. That's what hurt him this year. He's a freak athletically and if he can be groomed a bit more, he can be a very good starter in the league. Mez would be a great veteran 3-4 guy, setting up a potentially strong d-corp for the Jackets...That would leave the question marks at forward though. JvR can't carry a team like Nash did. Schenn can't either (and honestly I wouldn't want him in the deal). Read is a wild card, as is Wellwood. Both are probably 3rd liners/PKers, Read can play some PP as well...but both are absolute speed demons.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote