06-11-2012, 12:54 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Regarding Prometheus:

Spoil:
I thought it was a pretty good movie but the characters were dumber than the average horror film, which says a lot.

"Hmmm, we're on an alien planet and the air on the surface is toxic... Let's say SCREW SAFETY and take our helmets off once we're in a cave!"

"Hmmm, we're lost in an alien cave and an unidentifiable snake-looking thing shows up... Let me, A SCIENTIST, treat it like it's a harmless puppy!"

"Father..." Just kill me. Speaking of which, was that old man costume intentionally bad?

I was also annoyed that Idris Elba (the captain) only seemed to have one liners... He's a really good actor but didn't get to show it here.

The squid abortion scene was excellent though, so much tension. The robot was really the showstealer.
Spoil:

They checked the atmosphere and it appeared to be safe (because the cave was actually a ship) so I let that slide, as I did the running from the ship. That's a panicky moment and they probably were busy not stepping on a jagged rock and breaking their ankle.

Not treating the snake thing with due respect was stupid. Agreed.

"Father" was bruuuuuuuutal as I've said a million times. Charlize Theron was uncharacteristically bad.