View Single Post
Old
06-11-2012, 02:00 PM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Faksa and Girgensons both have 2C upside but they also both look like guys that will be solid defensively, physical, and leadership-material. If one were to think that Grigorenko is at best a #2C, I could see how those two guys start to look more attractive due to everything else they can bring outside of offense.

Looking back at his lists, Button has had hits and misses. He ranked Baertschi at #6 last year pretty clear he saw something most others didn't and in that case he was right (obviously, we'll see how he adjusts to the NHL long-term but the early junior and NHL results are quite impressive).
I dont discount Button, and I've tried to contact him in the past.

I'd like to see him do what ISS does and provide a Risers and Fallers list to accompany his ranking.

For a player like Maata to be a projected top 10 pick by the 'consensus' (i know i'll get raked for using that word) and not make Craig's list until last month is a bit odd....especially since he's obviously seen him play more than any of us, is strange.

I like his lists for the 'drama' they create on the interweb, but they are very good pieces for discussion.

Button is a professional, with a less than stellar track record....I understand why people discount his opinion.

I use it as another source.