View Single Post
Old
06-11-2012, 02:36 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
Trade one guy who doesn't play 200 ft for another cause he can score a few more goals. Great. Why not try to acquire Stamkos for Couts while we're at it, then we can score 400 goals next season. Sounds like the blueprint to a cup that all the recent winners have used.

No wonder we haven't won a cup since 75. What next, Uncle Ed hires Joe Banner who comes out and says we're the "gold standard."
If you're referring to Nash, I'm pretty sure he'd be on our 3rd PK group (with Giroux) if we got him.

Couturier-Talbot
Schenn-Read
Giroux-Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
But we already have tons of good wingers and centers. We were near top of the league in scoring last year. We lost in the playoffs because our defense was trounced. Rick Nash fixes none of our problems.

We can always re-sign Hartnell and we have tons of wingers younger than Nash who'll be much cheaper. I know Rick Nash is a very "sexy" name, but he's not for us. We need defense with Pronger done for life and Timonen likely retiring.
We have tons of good wingers, yes. If we're going to continue this uptempo high pressure offense brand of hockey, we need more great weapons than Giroux. Briere lost his Leino, JvR hasn't found someone to play with yet. The best I've ever see JvR play consistently is with Carter and Zherdev on a line....and...well...that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

The organization sees Giroux's wingers as a problem. Hartnell is fine, but Jagr isn't there anymore, Simmonds will never be a 1st line player, Briere hurts the D too much, and Voracek isn't there yet. Nash/Parise/Ryan fills that hole.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote