View Single Post
Old
06-11-2012, 03:14 PM
krauss72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStingfan View Post
I too am concerned about the Sting's lack of developing drafted goalies. However I am not sure this was totally unexpected. As I mentioned before I am sure Brandon is fine young man but he played in almost 50 games as a member of the Sting and his goals against average was amongst the lowest in the league for 2 straight seasons. I don't buy the fact that he never had the opportunity. I wish all the best for Brandon.Does this mean we are looking for a goalie in the European draft or does this mean that Anderson is back?
Goalie development is the issue I think we ALL can agree on that. Hell look at all the goalie trades and OA goalies we've brought in the last few years. ALL of them statistically have gone south. Hell, Maxwell went from .899 here to .929 in Mississauga with a much younger team. As did Passingham, Cullen, and Anderson. And the only certain thing around here is we will always trade for a new one, no matter the cost. Hell if we don't recoup some of the assets from the Anderson trade it will be just another example of wasted assets. Maybe we need to get real and admit we haven't had much of a defencively sound team in recent years and consequently, it effects all of our netminders. I hate to see Hopey go. Great lad and I do feel he will come back to haunt us. Let's see how he does with a more defencively structured team in front of him. I personally think we are targeting a European goalie as our next victim. Am not sure how good of one we can snag that low in the draft but time will tell.