View Single Post
Old
11-27-2003, 05:29 AM
bucksoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
I guess Martin St. Louis and Rico Fata aren't top-6 forwards either, since they weren't by Calgary's standards. It's obvious you haven't seen a single game of Niedermayer's since he was traded to Anaheim, where he has undoubtedly been a top-6 forward.
Hahhahaha

You are right. They don't have CBC in Ottawa and Vancouver where I've been living since his trade.

Anyway, what part of his 12 points in 33 regular season games, or his 10 points in 21 playoff games, should convince me to forget the previous TEN YEARS of his career, where he has been (cumulatively) a less then a 0.5ppg player? Is it the part where he's not even equaling that output in Anaheim?

You can tell me all you want that he may be *playing* on the 2nd line some nights... you can tell me that he's playing a solid defensive game too, but that doesn't make him a top 6 forward.

BTW, Even Rem Murray was able to put up 40-50 points in seasons when he played on the 2nd line. Did that make him a top-6 forward? No WAY.

Last I checked, a top six forward should be able to get well above 0.5ppg. I'm sorry, but Neidermayer doesn't cut it. I'd be surprised if you could find many people to agree that he's ideal for that role.