View Single Post
Old
06-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Euclid
Futbol Fan

vCash: 500
There's no option for, "Yes I'd like him back, even though this season was a mirage." I don't expect Kelly to put up 20G again, the Bruins were just a juggernaut during a two month stretch in the middle of the season and Kelly's in the perfect situation on the third line with Peverley.

I still would have taken him for 4 years at $3,000,000 per here in Ottawa. He's such a smart, positionally sound, and defensively responsible player, I'm sure many of our younger guys could have learned from. I'm surprised he didn't ask for a 3 year deal to take him to age 34. He could have signed an under 35 contract and maybe cashed in a little more with the disposable pay cheque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
He would have definitely gotten $3.5M+ per on the open market IMO, so he took a hometown discount. He was going to be coveted by many teams. I wanted him for the Sabres but unfortunately now another good center is off the market.

Good re-signing for the Bruins. Getting him at a $3M cap hit is a great deal.
He took a discount, but I wouldn't say he took a hometown discount (Birthplace: Toronto. Drafted by Ottawa). I think he's a very loyal player and knows he's in a great situation with Boston where can really put up some points over the next few years.

Euclid is offline   Reply With Quote