View Single Post
Old
06-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
This is a welcome change. No more Colin Cowherd is great. If only we can get a Bills broadcast to replace Jim Rome and his jungle, then all would be well with the world.

On the changes: The 10-12 time slot is one I will only be able to hear occasionally, but hopefully interesting tidbits will be posted.

I have no problem with Rob Ray providing color. Danny Gare does not have the make-up for a night's worth of color commentary. I confess that I miss Jim Lorenz. The "bat-man" was an understated positive to the broadcast. This said, Rob Ray was not ready 2 or 3 years ago. Over the past year or so I have noticed a significant upgrade in Rob's flow to his commentary. The cliches have decreased and some good insight has been offered. This is something I was not expecting and I agree with the Sabres' decision in this case.

Kevin Sylvester is not the answer for PxP. When RJ does retire, the Sabres will need to look elsewhere. Finally, I would like to hear more from Brian Duff (Dennis Williams would also have been a big asset for this venture, but that is another story).

Ron C. is online now   Reply With Quote