View Single Post
Old
11-27-2003, 07:28 AM
EquabaleAce

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
Size is'nt what we need more... What we need more is pure skills, speed and heart all in one! Guys like Higgins and Pleks actually have this package! I'M highly surprised that Gainey does'nt realize that, we lack skills on our top 2 lines and it's not Dagenais whi is going to help us!
i think those 2 will stay in hamilton until we are out of a playoff spot
there is no ned to rush those guys because they will be an intergral part of our team in a couple of years. in 20/20 hindsight, i remember that the blues were shopping the boston strongboy (keith tkachuk) because they were short on cash. he is a player i've coveted for years now and would have loved to see him here.

but to address the size issue now, although he is only listed as 5'10, i've said it before but brendan morrow would be the best bang for our buck.
he is relatively cheap in terms of contract status and will get you 40 - 50 points a year with 20 blue collared goals.

it would probably cost us hossa and rivet or a draft pick but the investment would definetly be worth it. he is also married to carbs daughter so mabye he will come aboard and help our awful special teams