View Single Post
Old
06-11-2012, 09:11 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
And reading up on Collberg in the last few days, he really has snuck up my list. His only flaw, from what I've read, is his selfishness(admittedly because he hasn't had the greatest of teammates) and his strength. Both of which can be fixed. An ideal 1st line tweener, 2nd line stud, IMO. Possibly throw him on a Phillips/Granlund/Collberg line and watch the league be destroyed.
My biggest concern on Collberg is 41GP 0G 0A -8. Outside of accidental viewing at the WJC, I haven't seen him play, but no matter what league he's in you have to worry about a player who is supposed to be a scorer by failed to register a single point in an entire season. I wouldn't mind picking him at 16 if we somehow swung a 7 for 11 + 16 trade with Washington, but I wouldn't even consider him in the top 10 at this point. I mean, even Staubitz has never managed to have a 0 point season (he scored 1 goal after Montreal picked him up this year).

My other concern about Collberg is team specific. We're already undersized up front, Collberg's 5'11" frame wouldn't be doing us any favors on that point. If we had more size up front in other young players and prospects I wouldn't worry, but with the makeup of our pool I'd worry.