Thread: Speculation: Schultz talk pt. 2
View Single Post
Old
06-11-2012, 09:27 PM
bcjonny

vCash: 500
Does Anaheim still hold exclusive negotiating rights for Schulz or is he in a place where he is a free agent but simply cannot be signed before July 1st? If I remember correctly ... Wheeler had an agreement with Boston in mid June but officially signed on July 1st.

I just don't think there are exclusive rights that can be dealt to another team. As well given the black cloud of tampering I bet no team steps to the forefront to try and retain those rights.

If Anaheim was proactive they could ask the Schultz camp where he wants to go and try to recoup something but I bet this well has been pissed in too much by the rhetoric I hear from other players.

It is not a big stretch that he signs with a team that makes sense for him. Max Cap and a good opportunity to be successful. I doubt he goes to a team where he is fishing the puck out of his own net more often than not. He would be wise to go to a team that is established and that has an effective mentor for him to learn the pro game.

Selfishly, I hope he doesn't disappoint his parents... I know if my son had both the skillset and the choice and picked any other team than the Canucks... I'd kick him outa my house...lol

bcjonny is offline   Reply With Quote