View Single Post
Old
06-12-2012, 01:17 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Two rule changes I've wanted for years now, and you can look up my post history if you don't believe me:

1.) The Blood Standard - If you look at the rule book it says absolutely NOTHING about blood when diagnosing the severity of penalties. It simply says 'injury.' You can two-hand a guy with your stick and break his arm and only get two minutes, while barely nicking someone will net you a double minor. Some place on your face the skin is very thin, you don't even need a sharp object to draw blood if you rub it the right way.

The double minor for high sticking stood out to me. It really hurt our chances at getting back into this.

2.) Contact With Officials - If an on-ice official makes contact with the puck OR a player, the play should be whistled dead immediately. Period. Face-off at center ice. Officials are supposed to be like phantoms on the ice, if one of them is too slow or too stupid then they cause actions that result in game-changing bounces that are impossible to anticipate. They're supposed to be neutral, but when a puck bounces off one of their skates and leads to a prime scoring chance, that's anything but neutral, no matter if they meant to touch it or not.