View Single Post
Old
06-12-2012, 05:57 AM
welcometothebigshow2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Ya , many Moncton fans were disappointed but the way I look at it is that drafting local guys means youve watched them tons compared to Espoir or Queebec AAA kids. Obviously ,regardless of their scouting, Flynn has seen them lots and knows what hes getting with these guys.Only time can tell with a draft ,when teams go off the charts theres usually a reason. I like the McCabe pick too but havnt seen him play at all to be honest. Im just going by what everyone says and he seems like a solid pick. As far as Provencher goes , he was playing AAA and being chosen that late in the draft hes a low-risk gamble. Be nice to see him in a couple of years as a #5, #6 guy that can thrown em. They didnt really have an enforcer this year at all. I for one believe in old time hockey. Momemtum is a hug factor in games if used right and theres nothing that can swing momentum more than a good fight. Overall , I beleive they did well at the draft. They added a nice mix. If either American reported is a bonues. That Garland guy played of the same team at Eichel , the guy who Hallifax took #15 . He put up good numbers , like you said its his size that may be an issue but he is young and might be 5 foot 10 by training camp. You just never know. Do you know anything about the Americans reporting to Moncton..
I think that Garland might report. I think he was drafted in the 6th round, and most teams waited until the end to draft americans. He will probably wait one or two years to show up just to keep his options opened. If he grows he could very certainly be the steal of the draft.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote