Thread: Speculation: Schultz talk pt. 2
View Single Post
Old
06-12-2012, 11:23 AM
bcjonny

vCash: 500
Talking about something and doing it are two different things.

What GM BM could have done and should have done is to have taken off the blinders about getting this talent in the line up. It is so easy to get tunnel vision when one desires a particular outcome so much.

Did anyone in the Ducks organization have a genuine rapport with Justin? Apart for the combine interviews? Was there a go to guy who built a relationship between the organization and the player that really knows anything about him? If I were in Ducks management and I saw this loophole anywhere near the horizon I would have made damn sure I knew where this kid would consider playing if not on the Ducks. But hindsight is 20-20 ... What I see as a possible scenario is the scouting staff got complacent and failed to build a meaningful relationship between the two. It is more than meeting after a game and patting the kid on the back and saying good game. I suppose it get more tricky at the NCAA college level though.

It seems communication is a more complex medium that we all take for granted. Communication takes work. All too often people are only on transmit waiting to talk rather than opening up their ears and actively listening before considering what they may say and how it can contribute to bringing the discussion to a logical conclusion. It seems obvious that this case is a clear breakdown in communication and for that to happen it takes two.

Last edited by ColePens: 06-12-2012 at 12:50 PM.
bcjonny is offline   Reply With Quote