View Single Post
Old
05-27-2012, 03:51 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
As a long time Kings fan I grew tired of the way that various management groups would bring in players because of their name recognition and star power because they felt that is what the Kings needed to get noticed in LA.

The idea of lets just make the playoffs and then anything can happen was the mantra.

That all changed with Lombardi's arrival. Patience became the watch word. The Kings started hanging onto to draft picks and put their money into scouting and player development. Six years later it has finally paid off in a trip to the Stanley Cup Finals, along with the possibility that this team can go on many deep playoff runs over the next 5-7 years. UFA signings and trades have been made, but for the most part it is the Kings home grown talent that is leading the way. It's been a lot of fun watching those kids grow up into bonifide NHL stars over the last 4-6 years.

As a fan I can't really ask for more than that. I just hope that as the inevitable changes occur at the top that the philosophy that currently is employed by management remains in place. Hextall or Futa would be excellent choices for GM someday.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote